Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Complaint to SIA

Finally, posted and faxed my complaint letter to all the concerning departments, since I am already writing and posting one so I thought I should just forward it to all concerning department esp those top management in case I dont get any attention from the normal feedback department.

I not sure if my complaint letter sounds good anot but then I thought one paragraph sure get their attention. Complaint letter as below:

******************************

Mr Huang Cheng Eng

Executive Vice President (Marketing & Regions)
Singapore Airlines Limited 9-E Airline House
25 Airline Road
Singapore 819829
A.R.REGISTERED

Dear Sir,

RE: COMPLAINT ON POOR SERVICE BY KRISFLYER CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER

With reference to the telephone conversation that I had with your Krisflyer customer service officer, Ms Yoges, I would like to make an official complaint.

On 21 July 2006, I am being served by Krisflyer customer service officer, Ms Yoges. I am so disappointed with the service provided by your organization or perhaps by your staff, which makes me really reconsider if I should still patronize Singapore Airlines from now onwards. I have always been a loyal customer of Singapore Airlines and have always trusted and believed that the organization provide their customers with a top quality customer service until that day my opinion of Singapore Airlines has totally change.

"Commented Mr Huang Cheng Eng, Executive Vice President Marketing & the Regions: "We are grateful to our customers for their constant support and approval of the Airlines' efforts to give them the best travel experience when they travel with us. We appreciate it very much. Our staff must also be commended for consistently rising to the challenge to provide the best possible service to customers".

Singapore Airlines Rated As the "World's Best International Airline" For the 11th Consecutive Year by Prestigious Travel Magazine
12 July 2006"

I referred to the above statement commented by Mr. Huang in a recent article, that Singapore Airlines strike to provide the best possible service to customers and yet what I experienced was the worst customer service that I have ever encountered. As a customer service officer, I expect Ms Yoges to be customer oriented, patience and would be the one that do their best to help out whenever a customer meet with a problem, especially one that is of great urgency. Instead, what I experienced with her was totally the opposite; she doesn't have the necessary skills and characteristics of a good customer service officer at all.

The problem started when I encountered difficulties with the internet redemption system while I am trying to redeem the air ticket (SIN-HK-SIN, departs 28 Jul 06, returns 4 Aug 06) using my Krisflyer points. The system prohibited me from getting the same flight with my husband-to-be due to inaccurate data and turns out that only one of us managed to get the desired flight. Therefore we seeked help from Krisflyer staff, Ms Yoges. Instead of serving us with quality services, patience and good problem solving skills(which I believe that top notch airlines provider including Singapore Airlines customer service officers should have and trained in), she served us in an impatience & nasty manner, unfriendly tone that make me totally disappointed and spoilt my whole vacation mood. My husband-to-be and I has never been treated with such bad service before when we purchased Singapore Airlines tickets and yet this happened with us redeeming free tickets using Krisflyer points.

With these I would like to ask the following questions that have been puzzling me since the conversation with Ms Yoges.

1. Does this means your customer service officers use double standard treating these 2 kinds of customers?
2. Singapore Airlines customer service officers are not told and train to treat customer with respect and proper manner?
3. Singapore Airlines customer service officers do not listen and allow customers to fully explain their exact situation and jump into conclusion to presume and assume that customers are at fault especially when computer system is concern?
4. Singapore Airlines customer service officers assume that internet computer system does not give inaccurate information and are always correct?


Although the problem has finally been tackle by her superior. I expect an explanation should still be given to my husband-to-be (Krisflyer: 8080752904) and me (Krisflyer: 8004028085) as to why are we treated with such bad services and also the answers to the above questions.

Awaiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Yours Faithfully,
Lim Hwei Li (Ms)

CC: -

1. KrisFlyer Membership Services, Locked Bag Service No. 7, Tampines Central Post Office Singapore 915286

2. Mr Chew Choon Seng
Chief Executive Officer
25 Airline Road
Singapore 819829

3. Vice President of Loyalty Marketing
Fax Number: (65) 6534 2809

4. Ms Tan-Wijaya Sulian
Quality Service Manager, Singapore Tourism Board
Tourism Court 1 Orchard Spring Lane
Singapore 247729

******************************

The part in blue was the one that I want them to notice cos those words came from their top management!!! And I do think this letter really caught their attention cos I just got a call that all the concerning people have received their copy, and sorry for the service I get that day.They will investigate and get back to me by letter as soon as possible.

Feeling happy right now :)